11.12.11

Behind the wheel (and other realizations)


I feel it necessary to vent about a subject that used to be near and dear to my heart. The ol' driving jokes.

Okay, I understand, I'm not the best driver. Honestly, I have no idea how I passed my driver's test. That's a lie, I do know how. I slept through my first one with mean old Christensen, and my second one involved a lady who talked about my hair the whole time, not even watching me.

So believe me when I say that I know already. Really I do.

Some people aren't blessed in that area and I sure am not.

Take for example, the Christmas dance. It was a blast, but they asked me to drive. Fine, I will. I was pulling out after the dance, and rammed right into the car behind us. Nice. Luckily there was no damage. I was about to shout a swear word when I looked around and saw all the special needs kids watching me.. Shoot!! I yelled....20 times..

What makes this even better is this guy came up to me while I was all distressed and said;
"I'm really not all that surprised Nicky"
upset, and slightly offended, I responded; " well you've never seen my driving, so how would you know?!"
"Nicky, I was in the car when you drove us to Harvest. You went over like 10 curbs. We almost died twice!"
"Yeah... well....uh, it was more like 3 curbs...and..."
"You can slap me if you want."
Then I proceeded to slap him. (Lightly, I'm not that mean.)

So yup, trust me, if you're a bad driver, it's okay.
Just take this lovely tip:
Don't drive with people in your car.
Then they will know the truth.

<3
Nicky

3 comments:

  1. driving jokes are seriously the worst when boys talk about it. honestly. boys get in more crashes than girls do! they just have to find reasons to make us feel bad because they know they can't compete with anything we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! Behind the wheel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some genuinely fantastic posts on this internet site , thankyou for contribution. Behind the wheel

    ReplyDelete