15.10.11

That Bites


Well, well, well. I would dare say that it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted, silly me (tricks are for kids). But I don't have any tricks, or very fun reasons for why it has been so long. I have been very busy. But good news comes from this: now I shouldn't have too much trouble coming up with things to post about, I've got lists.

And we'll start with nails. No, continue reading. Please, I know it sounds boring.

I have always bit my nails since I was a littlun. Young and thriving, with a bucket haircut (thanks to my sister), and short nails. I looked more like a Nicolas. In fact my great grandma told me so. Every time I saw her.

But then I grew up, my hair got longer but my nails stayed short. It reminds me of the literary term "static character" but more like "static nails". I feel like whipping out some English vocabulary might credit this story a little.

Anyway, I got fake nails recently. Weird, and very out of character of me. I made them look normal though, acrylic, but painted over. At a normal, sustainable length. I loved loved LOVED it.  I couldn't get enough, it was a great moment for me.

It lasted 2 and a half weeks. Then I ripped all of them off. Artificial things tend to fall off of me. Like my nose I got that one time, and that butt implant.. So I finally learned that I should stop with artificials, or I might lose some more.

Just move past that attempt of a joke, and realize the symbolism (another literary term) behind my story. I finally realized that my stubs of half painted nasty nast nails we part of moi. They are part of my character.

And some man who doesn't look down too often will hold my hands and he will like (or ignore, either way) my ugly nails. So yes, little brother, my hands may just look like that of a drag queen's when not taking into account the rest of my body, but all is well. I am happy.

AND FULL OF LIFE.

So just remember to stick with what you've got. I feel like I always have to end with some kind of moral, apologies.

PS. Is anyone else slightly or majorly addicted to pinterest? Can't help it, really can't.

Love,
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. oh nixie........oh yeah i'm supposed to stop calling you that. i think your nails are pretty.

    ReplyDelete