2.7.11

From Sea to Shining Sea

Since the 4th of July is coming up so soon, I thought I might just pay a little tribute to this Country. I'm not going all patriotic, in fact I thought this picture was cool enough, but America is a great country, and yes I'm proud to be an American. So before I start crying, I thought it would be more interesting if I told a very embarassing story that happen about this time four years ago:

Once upon a time I went to a very fun water park. They had this ride that I called the Heart-Stopper, because it literally stopped a man's heart a couple years earlier. It was a straight drop, you were basically hovering over the actual slide, you were going so fast. So I went down the Heart-Stopper, and when I hit the water I felt my thighs touch my back, I had snapped over so far.

I got up, in a lot of pain, (side note: There were people lined up around the landing of the slide, all staring at me) and slowly grabbed my mat. The lifeguard stared at me and was yelling "excuse me" about 5 times, but I happened to be oblivious becuase of my throbbing back pain.

I finally looked up at him, and he said "your top is down." Yes, that's right, my swimsuit had come undone, and the top had been down for what seemed to be the longest 20 seconds of my life.

I finally figured out that the people weren't gasping at my cirque de soleil backbend, but my starch white front. Nice.

Have a wonderful Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment