12.9.11

growing up is hard to do


I often say things I probably shouldn't. My mom often tells me that I don't have a filter, and that I never did. When I was little, I apparently went up to heftier women and told them, in case they didn't notice, just how big they really were.

Or I used to ask people if they had a baby inside, when they most definitely didn't.
Or how they got a baby growing in their bum. That was not a joke, I really did ask someone that when I was little.

But, I've improved from that. A little.

The other day, I was in a group of beautiful teens, and we were all covered in paint (beside the point) huddled in a circle. M accidentally fell to the ground (she was particularly clumsy that day), and I, the intelligent being that I am, yelled to the whole group that I saw her butt crack.

First of all, normally I have enough of a filter, just not enough sense, so that I think a millisecond before I speak, but after that I couldn't believe I really said that.

That may not seem like it's such a big deal, but boy, it's been a good 10 years since I was immature enough to say that, let alone think that.

So as embarrassing that is, and as regretful for saying that as I now am, I would just like to make it clear, sometimes I may say things that I don't really mean. Or that I didn't really think through.
It'll take a while for me to get over it fully, I may never get over it. But the good thing is, you can love me for it, or hide from me for it.

But I will always love you.
Ncloie

No comments:

Post a Comment