29.8.11

Chinios, Part 1

Today's little topic is my old home, Zhonguo. Or China. It's been 3 years since I've been there, and I am almost at a point in my life where I can't really believe it happened. The 4 years I spent there changed my life.
It reminded me that not everything revolves around America, and that there is really so much to see out there. I really just needed to escape this prim and tidy little bubble of a nation I was in to really understand that there is so much, so much, out there.

Sorry for the gush, I just can' t help it. So I don't want you to interpret this as a brag, but merely a reason why you should go out there and see the world. China isn't the only country out there that is worth seeing.
I have been to a lot of different places, and lived in around 9 different places, but I still call China my home outside of home.
So here we go:

 This was a photo I took of Yellow mountain. The clouds were hugging the mountain, and it was like a zen palace up there. It totally helped me understand why Buddhists balance on their heads on the sides of mountains.
 We visited Hong Kong three different times, and I agree with the Chinese, it really is like a different country. If you like New York City, Tokyo, or London you would die in Hong Kong.
 I took this picture on in Suzhou , the city of pearls. I couldn't get over her wrinkles. I wish I could have captured this scene better. It was really beautiful.
 Here's another picture of Yellow mountain. I was so ill that day, I didn't want to go. Thank goodness my dad forced me to.
 That, my friends, is made out of snow. Its in Hanshan where they carve ice and snow into palaces with glowing lights and figurines. It's what I believe the North Pole should look like. It was lovely.
 This was in Indonesia. I still remember bending over the ledge of the cliff and seeing the frothy water on the bottom. The sky was crazy blue.

 This orangutan in my lap was the cutest creature I've ever seen. She hugged me for the longest time, and acted just like a baby. I really want a baby monkey. Bad.
 My mom took this picture. This was what so many of the Chinese lived in. And they all got around on bikes. I think that was part of the secret to why they were so skinny. A lot is genetics, but also how fit they have to be.
 They had little birdcages everywhere. These little songbirds were good luck. Old men would often walk their birdcage to the park and let it hang off a tree while they smoked and played mahjong.
These are just a few of the adorable orphans me and my sisters took care of. They were so cute. The foster home they stayed at was so beautiful.

Maybe I should make this part 1 of many. If this isn't interesting to you, then feel free to ignore these. I just can't help it though. I have to talk about how lovely it was.

And by the way, please, pretty please get a passport and travel. You won't ever never ever regret it. And I would love to here about your travels.

Love,
Ni ke ai

ps. Maybe, you just may want to know more. If you do, check out my mom's blog, all 4 years of more than you wanted to know most likely. Go ahead, please. Stalk me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment