8.8.11

When Life gives you Lemons...

My mumsie, Caitlin and me decided to make some lemon cupcakes for a baby shower. 3 hours later, covered in lemon zest and flour, we had made some most Delicious little cakes in cups.

We had also made the mistake of deciding to make fondant baby shower decorations for cupcake toppers. They turned out cute, but it took us another 2 hours. Now I watch Cake Boss with a whole new level of appreciation.

So after all of this work, what else could I do but post pictures of these decadents? Nothing. That's what. So sit here and look at multiple pictures of cupcakes, because what else would you do on the Internet? Check FB? Nah.

Golden aren't they?
My Mumsie frosted these. With love. And lemon cream cheese frosting.

And here's yet another picture of food, just in case you wanted to see more.

Here she is, frosting some more.


These are all the little fondants we made.

Close up.

The recipe said it made 8 cupcakes, so we tripled it. But little did we know they meant 8 super large cupcakes. We had leftovers so we made Jay, my little bro, a birfday cake.

Birthday wishes go to my little bro. He's turning tween! He is getting oh so big. My big Teddy bear of a brother.
Love, Nicole

2 comments:

  1. a lot of the time, food makes the best pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...the cupcakes are so cute! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete